1.8

I went online to shop for tires and ended up on Dunn Tires. After plugging in Make/Model/Trim etc and putting in Henrietta as the location, I picked out a set for $80.98 (90.98 with "out the door pricing") each. I then called the shop, verified they had the tires and that they would fit my vehicle then made a 5 PM appointment to have two tires put on.

I got to the shop at 4:42 PM. They had a line for Appointments and another for Walk-ins. At least 3 walk-ins all were helped before anybody got around to talk to me around 5:10. Then they checked my appointment and said it was for 4 tires, not 2 and a completely other brand and make of tire. I told him I only wanted 2 and they proceeded to try and talk me in to the 4. Once we'd established I was only getting two, no matter what he said, I gave him my keys and sat down in the waiting room.

At 5:50 I went out to the parking lot and noticed my car had not moved. I went back in and asked how long until someone looked at my car since my appointment was for 5. The manager went out to the garage and then came back and told me it would be going in 5-10 minutes. In the meantime, all those walk-ins had their cars taken care of before mine had been even looked at.

At 6:40 the manager came back out and told me the computer had made a mistake and that wasn't the correct size tire and they didn't have the ones I had asked for in stock in that size. They had another that was a little more expensive but they'd give them to me at the same price. At this point I've already invested 2 hours into getting these tires and I live in a small town 40 minutes away., so I said fine.

At 7:18 I finally was told the car was ready. I got my key and the bill, which was somehow $35 more than the price quoted. Still, because at that point I just wanted to be done with them, I paid the extra without a huge scene, got into my car and pulled out.

Once I actually could see the floor of the passenger seat I noticed 3 of my hubcaps lying there. After having my car for 2 1/2 hours, blowing me off to help others without an appointment and bait-and-switching what I'd requested, the final insult was being too lazy to actually put back on 3 of the 4 hubcaps. They weren't busy. In the 2 1/2 hours I was there, they had about 8 customers come in. There was no excuse.

I would not recommend the Dunn Tire in Henrietta, NY to anyone at all. Despite the attempts of the manager (which I do appreciate), the lack of professionalism, hard-sell tactics and general laziness has made sure I will never go back there again and I will be telling everyone for the next decade to avoid the store like it had the plague.

I liked: Manager attempted some help.

Had an Experience with Dunn Tire?

Comments

Rochester, New York, United States #912741

As a follow-up, less than one week later now my right rear strut/shock is making noise and feels loose. I'm having my regular, trusted mechanic look at it today.

So, not only did they screw up the tires and my appointment, now it appears they also did damage to my car.